It’s no secret I love anything chocolate! I mean who doesn’t? And I think it’s safe to say fudgesicles were definitely one of my favorite treat growing up. So you better believe I was going to find a healthier way to make them then the store bought version.
These frozen treats use a base of avocados. While you can’t really taste them, they provide the creamy texture you should get in a fudgesicles. I really don’t think I need to convince anyone about avocados and their health benefits anymore since they are a pretty trendy food nowadays. But if I must, here’s why I love trying to include them at least once a day in a meal. Besides their healthy fat content, they contain lots of fiber, some folate and other vitamins and minerals essential for good health.
The chocolate part of this popsicles also would taste awesome just eaten as a pudding or even as a cake frosting! It’s that good! While this is definitely not low in sugar, I like to stick with natural sugar, like maple syrup in this case.
If you can’t go sugar free at least try and choose a better sugar right?! While apparently summer hasn’t yet decided to grace us with its presence yet – uh hello it’s July already!! – I am not letting this stop me from enjoying all the summer snacks! In fact I’ve already made 3 batches of these!
And now it’s your turn!
Strawberry avocado fudgesicles
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1.5 avocado
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Thaw frozen strawberries in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Don’t let the juices come out, you only want them soften up a bit. Let cool completely.
- In a food processor, combine the strawberries, 1/2 avocado, 2 tbsp almond milk and 1 tbsp of maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Distribute the mixture evenly between 4 to 6 popsicle mold depending on the size.
- After cleaning out the food processor, add 1 1/2 avocado, 3 tbsp maple syrup, 1/2 cup of almond milk, vanilla extract and 2 tbsp of cacao powder.
- Blend until completely smooth and place on top of strawberry layer in popsicle molds.
- Freeze for a minimum of 6 hours.