Sometimes all you need is a quick an easy dinner. And quick and easy shouldn’t mean out of a box or a can!
There are lots of super nutritious quick meals and this one is totally one of them! I love fish as a protein because it’s super lean.
I find in the summer I crave those lighter meals and fish is usually a go to for this reason! Another menu item that can’t be over used in the summer is salsa in my opinion.
And luckily I’m pretty sure there isn’t many variation of salsa you can’t pair with fish. This meal requires little to no prep and the fish is super fast to cook so it is perfect for busy weeknights.
I bet you this won’t be the last salsa I’ll be posting about this summer but I guess you will have to wait and see!
Cajun Mahi Mahi with peach salsa
- 1 big peach diced small
- 1/4 cup red onion minced
- 4 basil leaves chiffonade
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning see notes
- 2 filets Mahi Mahi see notes
- Mix together the peach, red onion, basil and lime juice in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pre heat your oven at 400F
- Also pre heat an oven safe skillet like cast iron on medium-high heat on the stove.
- Season the fish with cajun seasoning.
- Heat the coconut oil in the skillet then sear your fish on one side for 2 to 3 minutes depending on thickness.
- Flip and finish cooking in the oven for 5 minutes or until opaque throughout.
- Plate and top with salsa. Serve with green salad or jasmine rice.
- For gluten free recipe, make sure to use GF Cajun seasoning or chili powder.
- Mahi Mahi can be substituted for any white fish.
- Make sure to adjust cooking time for your fish portion as white fish cooks very quickly. These guidelines were made for a piece approximately 1 inch thick.